With WinSCP you can easily upload and manage files on your Backblaze B2 storage/bucket using S3 protocol.
Before starting you should have WinSCP installed.
Granted, it isn’t the best solution for cloud storage (see pCloud for that instead). Still, with 600 Petabytes data stored and over 30 billion files recovered thus far, it really is the best choice for simple and convenient backing up of your computer files. 6 Things We Love About Backblaze. What makes Backblaze a worthwhile backup cloud storage provider is how it is engineered. This method to backup your website should be much cheaper and should be more secure. First lets choose a provider to store our backups. Backblaze B2 is a cloud storage platform with amazing pricing. So cheap that it costs just $1 to store 200 GB of data per month. These days to host static website you do not need a webspace or vps. If you stay below 100k reguests per 24h and don’t use more than 10GB storage your website would even be free. Only if you use more than that it costs you something, but remains within a manageable range. Why Backblaze B2 Backblaze B2 is a cheap alternative to AWS S3. Save on Cloud Storage with Cloudflare and Backblaze. Switch from Amazon S3 to Backblaze and pay $0 migration fees and enjoy $0 egress charges. For a limited time, Backblaze is offering Cloudflare customers who transfer at least 10 TB of data from Amazon S3 to Backblaze.
Backblaze B2 Static Website Login
Collect information about your B2 bucket and API keys in your Backblaze account:
- Endpoint: Locate your bucket on your bucket list and find a hostname labeled Endpoint. It has a format like
- If you do not have an Application key yet (not Master application key), go to App Keys page and generate new application key. Note both keyID and applicationKey.
Start WinSCP. Login dialog will appear. On the dialog:
- Make sure New site node is selected.
- On the New site node, select Amazon S3 protocol.
- Enter your bucket endpoint to the Host name box.
- Enter your keyID to into the Access key ID box and your applicationKey to Secret access key box.
- Save your site settings using the Save button.
- Login using the Login button.
Backblaze B2 Price
- Guide to uploading files;
- Guide to automating operations (including upload);
- Official Backblaze guide for connecting using WinSCP.