|First appearance||August 31, 2009|
|First game||Minecraft (2011)|
|Created by||Markus Persson|
Nova Skin Gallery - Minecraft Skins from NovaSkin Editor. The Minecraft Creeper 7' Plush is a great gift for all Minecraft Fans This Creeper plush features detailed pixelated embroidery and a soft plush exterior Recreate your favorite moments from the game with this cuddly plush toy Collect all Minecraft Plush Toys! Here you can play Creep Craft, another Minecraft-inspired game. Take on the role of the tiny green creeper and make your way through the dangerous block world. Pick up your axe, destroy blocks, craft a sword and defeat undead attackers as you try to hunt a piggy.
- For us the MCPE Creeper Shader is the best for Minecraft PE. One of the big differences to the other MCPE shader packs is that it can definitely keep up with the “normal” shaders of the Java version. At first we were speechless for the extreme realism added by the installation of CSPE.
- When a creeper is struck by lightning in Minecraft, the creeper is transformed into a charged creeper.
Creepers are fictional enemies that attack by exploding near their target, and are also one of the main antagonists of the video game Minecraft. Creepers were added to Minecraft in an alpha update of the game on August 31, 2009. Since their release, the Creeper has become a widely recognized icon for Minecraft, and featured prominently in Minecraftmerchandise and advertising.
Creepers were created as a result of a coding error in the alpha stages of Minecraft's development.Minecraft creator Markus Persson developed the Creeper around the odd appearance of the pig model. Persson mixed the dimensions up, with the length and height being swapped. This, combined with the AI of looking at the player, led to the Creeper becoming a hostile mob. Early behavior had creepers able to inflict melee damage on the player and exploding only after being killed, however this was quickly changed to more stealth-oriented behavior that had them attack with a timed release of an explosion, which is defused upon death.
The Creeper has become a widely recognized icon, and has been used for an abundance of merchandise.
In 2011, the Minecraft logo was edited to integrate the Creeper face into the letter 'A'.
The Creeper has become a widespread, widely recognized icon of Minecraft, and is often considered one of Minecraft's most important enemies. The pixelated face of the Creeper has been integrated into the 'A' of the Minecraft logo, as well as being used in numerous Halloween costumes and cosplays. The Creeper has been featured in multiple Lego Minecraft sets and has been the main focus of one.
The Creeper image has been used on a wide variety of Minecraft merchandise, including clothing, bedding and lamps. In addition, the Creeper image has been used for pillows, hampers, toys and plushies.
The Creeper appears as a purchasable Mii costume in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Creeper Aw Man
In July 2020, a joint partnership between Mojang Studios and Kellogg's led to the announcement of Minecraft Creeper Crunch, an official Minecraft branded cereal prominently featuring a Creeper on the packaging. It was set to be available for release in stores in the United States in August 2020. Every packet additionally includes a unique code which can be redeemed for a Minecraft cosmetic clothing item.
In popular culture
The Creeper has been the subject of numerous pop culture references and parodies.
In the season 25 episode 'Luca$' of the animated sitcom The Simpsons, Moe Syszlak appears as a Creeper and explodes at the end of the theme song's 'couch gag'.
Around July 2019, the song 'Revenge' by Jordan Maron, made on August 19, 2011, regained popularity as an internet meme.
- ^ abcGuthrie, Robert. 'The History Of The Creeper, Minecraft's Most Infamous Monster'. Kotaku. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^ abMacManus, Christopher (February 16, 2012). 'Lego Minecraft available for preorder'. CNET. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on February 17, 2012. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- ^Gesualdi, Vito (October 15, 2012). 'Notch Calls Minecraft's Creepers 'a Mistake''. GameZone. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^Apperley, Thomas. 'Glitch Sorting: Minecraft, Curation and the Postdigital'.Cite journal requires
- ^ abGoldberg, Daniel; Larsson, Linus (June 16, 2015). Minecraft, Second Edition: The Unlikely Tale of Markus 'Notch' Persson and the Game that Changed Everything. ISBN9781609806866. Retrieved January 17, 2020.
- ^'Meet the Creeper'. Minecraft.net. May 15, 2017. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ ab'Apparel, Toys, More Official Minecraft Store - Powered by JINX'. Official Minecraft Store - Powered by J!NX. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^'This Minecraft Creeper Lamp Shouldn't Explode When You Turn It On'. Technabob. March 4, 2020. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^Phillips, Tom (July 3, 2020). 'Minecraft is getting an official breakfast cereal'. Eurogamer. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^Watts, Rachel (July 2, 2020). 'Kelloggs is releasing a Minecraft 'Creeper Crunch' cereal'. PC Gamer. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^July 2020, Jordan Gerblick 01. 'Minecraft is getting a cereal with codes for in-game clothes'. gamesradar. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^'Minecraft Now Has Its Own Cereal'. Kotaku UK. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^'Minecraft Cereal Creeping Onto Store Shelves'. GameSpot. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- ^'Simcraft: What If The Simpsons Did Minecraft?'. Time. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^'Minecraft gets Simpsons couch gag and Globe Theatre performance'. Metro. April 7, 2014. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^'The Simpsons do a Minecraft couch gag, Notch doesn't know how to feel about it'. GameSpot. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^Anderson, Sage (July 30, 2019). 'The 'Creeper Challenge' has group chats fighting to finish song lyrics in the right order'. Mashable. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
Creepers are hostile mobs found on various levels in in Minecraft Dungeons.
The Creeper's appearance is similar to its default version found in the base game, but the difference is being its color, where its skin is very dark green in color and lacks a lot of spots unlike its original counterpart.
- Sometimes in other levels during Daily Trials
Creepers also spawn when night falls, regardless of location, when at least one player dies in multiplayer.
Creepers approach the player and explode, killing themselves and dealing massive amount of damage to any nearby entities. One notable difference from the base game is that they can detonate while moving.
In Jungle Awakens, creepers become passive toward the player if an ocelot is nearby. They also run away if they are currently being attacked by an ocelot.
|Power||Min Health||Max Health|
Creepers Minecraft Wiki
Creeper Minecraft Definition