Install DBeaver; Step-by-step tutorial on connecting to SQL Server with DBeaver. Once you've installed DBeaver, you'll probably want to connect to a database. Below are instructions for connecting to SQL Server using DBeaver on a Mac. Note that, although this tutorial uses SQL Server, DBeaver supports many different database management systems.
- Here are some of the settings: DB instance id - database-2 Endpoint - database-2.eu-central-1.rds.amazonaws.com Port - 3306 Public accessibility - true DB name - Stack Exchange Network Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share.
- DBeaver is a compelling database management client that can adapt and serve your needs. Even if you use a different database type than others, you are guaranteed that DBeaver will work flawlessly for you. DBeaver supports the most common databases not to have to adjust any settings or install plugins.
In this tutorial, DBeaver SQL Database Management tool users will see how to define JDBC Driver for Denodo Platform and how to create database connection to Denodo databases.Denodo is one of the leading data virtualization sollutions on the market and DBeaver is one of the most common universal database management tool.So it is important to connect Denodo from DBeaver application. In this guide, I want to summarize the steps of a successfull connection to Denodo Platform 7.0 database from DBeaver tool.
If you are not using DBeaver Universal Database Manager and SQL Client tool, data professionals can download and install DBeaver by following the instructions given at Download and Install DBeaver Database Manager
Create Denodo Database JDBC Driver on DBeaver
First of all let's start with launching DBeaver, free universal database management tool for the SQL community.
I assume DBeaver users will be using the Denodo for the first time. So the Denodo database driver has not been created yet. So follow the instructions listed below:
Using the top menu, follow the menu options: Database > Driver Manager
Let's start to create a new driver definition for Denodo Platform 7 by pressing New button
DBeaver administrators or DBeaver SQL users require to populate following driver details for creating a new Denodo driver
First, select the Denodo database JDBC driver file using Add File button
Goto following folder and select the denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar file and press Open
Please note that in my installation the $Home folder of the Denodo Platform 7.0 application was configured as 'C:DenodoDenodoPlatform7.0'
You the exact location of the denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar Denodo JDBC driver file is:
After the driver file is selceted, click on the Find Class button
This will list two driver classes, choose the first one:
Type a descriptive name like Denodo for the Driver Name
As URL Template use following value:
Click OK to save the new driver definition which will enable DBeaver users to create database connections to different Denodo installations.
Now the new Denodo driver is listed in the Driver Manager screen
Dbeaver Database Client Home
Create Database Connection to Denodo from DBeaver SQL Tool
Now we can create a new database connection to target Denodo Platform using the new driver definition
Click on 'New Database Connection' icon
In first screen, type the Denodo name when the All category is selected.
This is the database driver class we have defined in previous section
Click Next to populate Denodo JDBC connection settings details on DBeaver screen seen below
Now fill following connection properties for the target Denodo Platform connection:
Host, Port, Database, User name and Password
Click on Test Connection button to validate the provided information for a new Denodo Platform database connection over JDBC
As seen below the connection test is successful
Click Finish to save the Denodo database connection using the Denodo JDBC driver
Dbeaver Database Client Homework
If you click the new Denodo connection and drill down the database tables and views, you will have a similar view seen below
The base views on Denodo Platform are seen as database tables in DBeaver.
The business views created on Denodo Platform for data modelling are listed as database views on Denodo
This is a sample view of the Denodo data virtualization content on DBeaver database management tool
I hope DBeaver SQL users and Denodo Platform data virtualization users find this tutorial helpful to identify and solve the problems that might occur during JDBC driver creation for Denodo and creating JDBC database connection to Denodo Platform databases.
Dbeaver Database Client Homepage
- Dark theme support was improved (Windows 10 and GTk)
- Data viewer:
- Copy As: format configuration editor was added
- Extra configuration for filter dialog (performance)
- Sort by column as fixed (for small fetch sizes)
- Case-insensitive filters support was added
- Plaintext view now support top/bottom dividers
- Data editor was fixed (when column name conflicts with alias name)
- Duplicate row(s) command was fixed for multiple selected rows
- Edit sub-menu was returned to the context menu
- Columns auto-size configuration was added
- Dictionary viewer was fixed (for read-only connections)
- Current/selected row highlighting support was added (configurable)
- Metadata search now supports search in comments
- Map position preserve after tiles change
- Support of geometries with Z and M coordinates was added
- Postgis: DDL for 3D geometry columns was fixed
- Presto + MySQL geometry type support was added
- BigQuery now supports spatial data viewer
- Binary geo json support was improved
- Geometry export was fixed (SRID parameter)
- Tiles definition editor was fixed (multi-line definitions + formatting)
- SQL editor:
- Auto-completion for objects names with spaces inside was fixed
- Database objects hyperlinks rendering was fixed
- SQL Server: MFA (multi-factor authentication) support was added
- PostgreSQL: array data types read was fixed
- Oracle: indexes were added to table DDL
- Vertica: LIMIT clause support was improved
- Athena: extra AWS regions added to connection dialog
- Sybase IQ: server version detection was improved
- SAP ASE: user function loading was fixed
- Informix: cross-database metadata read was fixed
- We migrated to Eclipse 2021-03 platform