| Edited by FiiO at 2020-5-20 18:34 |
Note: When you click the links below to download the firmware, it indicates that you have already read and agreed to the Open source licenses.
How to upgrade the M9:
The M9 supports online upgrade. If a new firmware is available and detected (with the M9 connected to Internet), you will find update notification in the notification center. Then you can click on it to enter the update menu for online upgrading.
Also, the M9 can be upgraded locally using firmware package:
a) Download the firmware file from FiiO website then copy the firmware package file to the micro SD card;
b) Open 'Technical Support' app on the M9, click 'Firmware Update', and select the firmware package file to upgrade.M9 complete user manual:click here
M9 DAC driver download: click here
Updated in 2020-05-20
M9-FW1.0.7firmware dowload:Click here
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.7 compared to the FW1.0.6 on M9:
1. Added grouping tracks by Album Artist category(You can select the Artist or Album Artist in the Settings->Artist List Display. This upgrade requires a database update, please scan for music again.);
2. Added In-vehicle mode (in Settings ->Audio -> In-vehicle mode; If enabled, the player will power on/off automatically when vehicle engine starts/stops and the FiiO Music app can also switch accordingly. It's suggested to use this function together with the Resume Play function of FiiO Music );
3. Added support for uninstalling the FiiO Music, ES File Manager, Gallery app (now you can uninstall the embedded FiiO Music and install the standalone release version. And when using the standalone version, it's suggested to set the 'Custom background' to a 'Fixed background' in app Settings -> Theme, so to get better running fluency);
Note：If the FiiO Music app is accidentally uninstalled, you can restore it by re-updating the firmware or performing a factory restore!
4. Added support for reverting the firmware (after updating with a future new firmware, you can always choose to revert to this version);
5. Fixed the issue where the Gapless playback would not work when playing DSD tracks;
6. Improved the sorting of Japanese characters;
7. Miscellaneous improvements on performances.
Updated in 2019-12-23
M9-FW1.0.6firmware dowload: Click here
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.6 compared to the FW1.0.5 on M9:
1. Added new option to remove the white list app limitation; You can go to 'Settings -> General -> About device' and tap 7 times on 'Kernel version' to remove the limitation,and then reboot the player. After that you will be able to install any third-party apps;(However, kindly note that the player might act slow if running with too many apps. And some third-party apps may not work properly on the player, in which case you can uninstall them in Settings -> General -> Apps);
2. Added 'locate currently playing track with one click' function;
3. Added a new play mode: play single once;
4. Added a new option of viewing the artist/album of the currently playing track in the Now Playing screen;
5. Fixed the issue where the playback would fail in the new version of Amazon Music;
6. Improved the search function (Now when tapping on an album/artist name in the search result, it will direct you to the corresponding list);
7. Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Note: The player might act slow if running with too many apps. And some third-party apps may not work properly on the player, in which case you can uninstall them in Settings -> General -> Apps.
M9-FW1.0.5firmware dowload: Click here
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.5 compared to the FW1.0.4 on M9:
1.Added FiiO Link control via WiFi (now for the Android app, you can choose to connect and control FiiO devices via WiFi or Bluetooth; for the iOS app, it's only available via WiFi);
2.Added many new apps to the white list;
3.Added new access of the equalizer in FiiO Music settings;
4.Fixed issue where the Balance Boost function would not take effect until the corresponding option was deselected and then reselected;
5.Fixed issue where the player might falsely detect new firmware update;
6.Fixed issue where the there might be no output when using USB Audio output with screen off;
7.Fixed issue where the player might play incorrectly if the user tapped the play button right after exceptions occurred;
8.Improved the search function (now tapping on an album/artist in the search result will lead to the corresponding album/artist list);
9.Miscellaneous bug fixes.
M9-FW1.0.4firmware dowload: Click here
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.4 compared to the FW1.0.3 on M9:
As one of the first players with full Bluetooth codec support, the M6/M7/M9 can play almost all audio formats and transmit audio via Bluetooth in high quality. In this update, we added the LDAC receiver function to make their Bluetooth even more powerful. In addition, we also update the app white list with more apps. See below for the details:
1. Added LDAC receiver function (when the Bluetooth decoding amp mode is enabled, the player will switch to the LDAC automatically if the connected Bluetooth transmission device supports LDAC);
2. Added gapless playback for DSD tracks;
3. Added support for DSD CUE splitting;
4. Added support for splitting multiple tracks in a single CUE sheet;
5. Added support for APK file transfer using 'WiFi Music Transfer' function (you may transfer APK files to the player from your computer or phone);
6. Improved the display of default album covers(If you're currently using the 'Deep black' theme for FiiO Music, it's suggested to switch the theme to 'Simplicity white' after the update then back to 'Deep black' to get the best display effect) ;
7.Improved the FiiO Link function (now the connection will always remain active after enabled);
8. Fixed issue where the display location of the list could not be remembered after deleting a track from it;
9. Fixed issue where tracks in the Recently Added list were not sorted by the adding time;
10. Added new apps to the white list of M6/M9: Amazon Music、Radio World、SoundCloud、TuneIn Radio;
11. Updated Tidal to version 220.127.116.113.1 (with MQA support).
Update your player right now to enjoy the new features~
M9-FW1.0.3firmware dowload: click here
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.3 compared to the FW1.0.2 on M9:
1. Added AirPlay feature;
2. Added FiiO Link feature (in FiiO music app->Settings);
3. Fixed issue where there might be no output when working as USB DAC for computer;
4. Fixed issue where certain iOS tracks could not be played;
5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.
M9-FW1.0.2 firmware download: click here
The following changes and improvements have beenmade to the FW1.0.2 compared to the FW1.0.1 on M9:
1. Added some more 3rd-party apps to white list,including JOOX, ES file manager, Bandcamp, and Sony headphones;
Note: You can copy the apk file of the qualifiedapp to the M9’s internal memory or external Micro SD card, then open the FileManagement app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.
2. Added “Maximum volume setting” and “Fixedvolume setting” (in Settings -> Audio);
Maximum volume setting: The volume only canadjusted to the set value.
Fixed volume setting: it will take effect once it’sset, and the volume will be changed to the set value every time when devicestarts.
3. Added firmware update change log (can be viewedby next update);
4. Added the function of auto entering the Nowplaying interface;
Note: The player will automatically switch to theNow playing menu after selecting a song to play.
5. Fixed issue where the length of the certainMP3 tracks was displayed incorrectly;
6. Fixed issue where the tracks downloaded by3rd-party apps could not be scanned;
7. Fixed issue where the player could not enterMain menu when certain build-in apps, such as Gallery, was stopped;
8. Fixed issue where the controlling area of theplay progress bar might be too wide, which might cause misoperations;
9. Fixed issue where there would be prompt aboutrepairing the MTP driver disk after connecting with the computer;
10. Fixed the noise issue when using the playeras a USB DAC for the computer and then playing 176kHz or 192kHz via Bluetooth;
12. Updated the Tidal app version 18.104.22.1680.1;
M9-FW1.0.1 firmware download: click here