Humana’s waivers includes costs related to COVID-19 treatment by both in-network and out-of-network facilities or physicians. Humana’s cost sharing waivers currently have no end date, as the company plans to readdress the situation as needed.
United Health Care (AARP) announced today they were waiving the cost share on Medicare Advantage plans. The following is the announcement:
Humana Waiving Copays For Telehealth
Member’s health is our priority. Recently, we shared news that UnitedHealth Group is taking additional action to directly support people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic by providing over $1.5 billion of additional support for our customers. We wanted to share more details with you.
- A Guide to Medical Assistance Programs and Resources Available to Help Manage Healthcare Costs During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Prescriptions and medical care can be expensive, especially if your.
- During this time of uncertainty, Humana continues to invest in efforts to help people achieve their best health and that now includes waiving all cost sharing—including copays, coinsurance,.
- LOUISVILLE, Ky.- (BUSINESS WIRE)- Today, Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced additional actions to help protect, inform and care for its nearly 4.5 million Medicare Advantage members. During this time of uncertainty, Humana continues to invest in efforts to help people achieve their best health and that now includes waiving all cost sharing—including copays, coinsurance, and deductibles—for in-network.
To help member’s get the care they need, we are waiving cost-share (copays, coinsurance and deductibles) for our Medicare Advantage plan members as follows. Members will have a $0 copay for primary care provider (PCP) and specialist physician services, as well as other covered services (listed below) between May 11, 2020 until at least September 30, 2020. By lowering our PCP and specialist copays to $0, along with our telehealth cost-share waiver, we hope to help make it easier for member’s to access care.
The following services, if covered by a member’s plan, are eligible for a $0 copay under the cost share waiver, but do not include diagnostic tests and certain other services.
- Primary care provider (PCP) office visits
- Specialist physician office visits
- Physician assistant or nurse practitioner office visits
- Medicare-covered chiropractic and acupuncture services
- Podiatry services and routine eye and hearing exams
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Outpatient mental health and substance abuse visits
- Opioid treatment services
The $0 copay applies to services from a network provider and out-of-network services covered by the plan.
Humana My Benefits
Member cost share is not waived for the following services, unless they are related to COVID-19 testing or treatments:
- Lab and Diagnostic tests (radiological and non-radiological)
- Part B and Part D drugs
- Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies
- Renal Dialysis
- Other services not covered by your plan
Humana Waiving Copays For Providers
Copays, Coinsurance and deductibles for services in the following settings are not waived. Members will be responsible for their share of the cost under their benefit:
- Inpatient hospital and Outpatient surgery or observation services
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Emergency, Urgent and Ambulance services
The cost-share waiver applies to all UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage members, including members of Special Needs Plans (SNP) and UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage plans.
Is Humana Waiving Copays
This information is posted on our UnitedHealthcare COVID-19 Health and Wellness page for members. Thank you for being a partner in care to our members during this time.