Qmmp looks like the good old Winamp, or Xmms if you prefer, so there's nothing to explain about its design really. The player, equalizer and playlist are three individual and separate windows that can move independently on your desktop, get resized, or even get closed (except for the player window). Qmmp is a Free, open-source, cross-platform multimedia audio player which was written in C with the help of the Qt library. The user interface is similar to winamp. It is the only audio player not using any database that uses the Qt library. Qmmp is support wide range of audio format such MPEG1 layer 2/3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Opus, Native FLAC/Ogg FLAC, Musepack & WavePack. QMMP 1.4.4 QMMP is an Qt-based audio-player. The user interface is similar to Winamp or XMMS, which compatible skins can be used of. It supports a plethora of audio formats, like MP3, Ogg Vorbis/Opus, FLAC, Musepack, WavePack, MOD files, AAC, Audio CDs, WMA and other ffmpeg-supported encodings, PCM, MIDI, SID, and Chiptune files.
|Developer(s)||Qmmp Development Team|
|Initial release||March 21, 2007; 14 years ago|
1.4.4 / February 4, 2021; 2 months ago
|Operating system||Cross-platform: Linux, FreeBSD, Windows|
|Available in||English, Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Hebrew, Czech, Lithuanian, German, Dutch, Hungarian|
|License||GPL 2+ (free software)|
qmmp (for Qt-based MultiMedia Player) is a free and open-sourcecross-platform audio player that is similar to Winamp. It is written in C++ using the Qt widget toolkit for the user interface. It officially supports the operating systems Linux, FreeBSD and Microsoft Windows. In most popular Linux distributions, it is available through the standard package repositories. It is the only audio player not featuring a database that uses the Qt library.
Qmmp Media Player
qmmp is known for its small, themeable user interface and low use of system resources. The user interface and behaviour is very similar to the at its time very popular Winamp. By supporting Winamp (Classic) skin files it can easily be configured to look exactly the same as Winamp 2.x.It is also catering for more discerning or audiophile listeners with support for cue sheets and volume normalization according to the ReplayGain standard. Album cover art is supported using separate sidecar files or embedded in ID3v2 tags and can be automatically fetched if missing.
- A simple, intuitive user interface
- Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 music playback support
- Support for multiple artist and performer tags per song
- A notification area icon
- Plugin support
- Translations into many languages
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to qmmp.|
- ^'About the source code of qmmp'. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- ^'qmmp License'. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- ^Harvey, Cynthia (2016-01-21). 'Open Source Software List: 2017 Ultimate List'. datamation.com. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- ^Verma, Adarsh (2018-02-21). '6 Best Linux Music Players That Every User Must Try — (2018 Edition)'. Fossbytes. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- ^Bele, Bogdan (2013-11-24). 'Winamp is Shutting Down, Here's Some Alternatives'. groovyPost. Retrieved 2019-04-24.