- Make Edge Default Browser Iphone
- Set Chrome As Default Browser Iphone 9
- How To Set Default Browser On Ipad
- Ipad Make Chrome Default Browser
- How To Change Default Browser On Iphone
Check out our site for more videos, tips, tricks, and more!out our YouTube Channel! Head over to “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad. In the settings menu, scroll down until you find the name of the browser and tap on it. In this instance, we’ll be using Opera Touch browser as an example. Next, you’ll find the option “Default Browser App” as shown below.© Hollis Johnson It only takes a few taps to set Chrome as your iPhone's default browser. Hollis Johnson
- To make Google Chrome the default browser on your iPhone, you'll need to open its Settings page.
- If you've updated your iPhone to iOS 14 or newer, you can set a variety of internet browser apps as your default.
- Once you've made Chrome the default browser on your iPhone, you can move its icon to the Dock to replace the Safari icon.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Make Edge Default Browser Iphone
The iPhone has been out for over a decade, and for most of that time, Apple has only allowed one browser to be the default: Safari, the one they built.
But starting with iOS 14, you can now change the default internet browser (as well as your default email app) by going into your Settings. This means that Google Chrome fans can finally set the app as their default, and use it for all their browsing.
Here's how to set Google Chrome as the default internet browsing app on your iPhone, and how to fully replace Safari.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to make Chrome the default browser on your iPhone
First of all, make sure that you've downloaded the Chrome app and opened it at least once.
1. Open your iPhone's Settings app and scroll down until you find the long list of your apps.
2. In this list, tap 'Chrome.' This will open the app's specific settings.© William Antonelli/Business Insider Select 'Chrome' from your app list. William Antonelli/Business Insider
3. Tap the tab that's labeled 'Default Browser App.' You'll be shown all the browsers installed on your iPhone.© William Antonelli/Business Insider This tab will appear in the settings of every app that can be set as the default browser. William Antonelli/Business Insider
4. Select Chrome. A checkmark will appear next to it.© William Antonelli/Business Insider Safari will be checked off by default. William Antonelli/Business Insider
Google Chrome is now the default browser on your iPhone. Whenever an app tries to open the internet, it'll open Chrome instead of Safari.
Gallery: I've been using Apple's new iOS 14 for a few days and while there's useful updates to Messages, the App Library is disappointing (Business Insider)
Once you've done this, you should add Chrome to your phone's Dock. This will ensure you never lose it.
How to add Chrome to the Dock on your iPhone
If you already have four apps in the Dock, you need to begin by removing one of them to make room for Google Chrome.
1. Tap and hold an app icon until a pop-up appears. In this pop-up, select 'Edit Home Screen.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Select 'Edit Home Screen.' Dave Johnson/Business Insider
2. Drag the app out of the Dock and place it on the Home screen.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Make room in the Dock for Chrome. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. Tap and drag the Chrome app icon into the Dock.
4. Tap 'Done' in the upper-right corner of the screen.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Drag the Chrome icon to the Dock and then tap “Done.” Dave Johnson/Business Insider
Set Chrome As Default Browser Iphone 9
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How To Set Default Browser On Ipad
- Google Chrome can now be set as the default browser on any iPhone running iOS 14.
- One of the standout features of iOS 14 is the ability to set third-party apps as the default browser or email client, and Google updated its app with this functionality this week.
- Chrome is the first app to take advantage of the new feature, but more are coming soon.
I’ve been using the iOS 14 public beta for a few weeks, and I’m relieved to report that it has been a relatively stable experience. I typically avoid betas of operating systems, but unlike previous updates, iOS 14 fixes some of the tiniest, but most persistently frustrating, issues from previous releases. Unfortunately, if you are waiting for the public release to upgrade your iPhone, you’ll probably be waiting until October, as Apple has revealed that the iPhone 12 will launch later than usual this year. But here’s one more reason to upgrade now, if you’re interested.
One of the many features iOS 14 brings to the iPhone is the ability to choose a third-party app as the default browser or email client. Apple resisted giving users this option for years, but finally relented in 2020, allowing users to choose which browser or email app they want to open when they tap on links in other apps.
This functionality had yet to be implemented for Google Chrome throughout the iOS 14 beta release cycle, but as of the latest update for the iOS app on September 10th, you can now set Chrome as your default iPhone browser. Here are the steps you need to follow if you want Chrome to be your default browser:
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of the iOS 14 public beta or developer beta.
- Download the most recent version of Google Chrome (Version 85.0.4183.109) from the App Store.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down until you find Chrome on the list of apps and tap it.
- Tap on the menu option that says Default Browser App.
- Tap on Chrome.
Ipad Make Chrome Default Browser
From now on, you’ll always be redirected to Chrome instead of Safari when you tap on a link to a website. It took far too long for such a basic feature to be implemented on iOS, but like every other long-awaited feature, it works exactly as it should and is a welcome addition to the operating system. At the moment, it doesn’t appear as though any other developers have updated their apps with the same functionality, including any email apps, but now that Google has opened the door, perhaps more app updates will follow in the weeks to come ahead of launch.
How To Change Default Browser On Iphone
If you want to know how to get the latest public beta on your iPhone, head to this website from your phone, tap “Sign up” and follow the instructions. Any phone newer than an iPhone 6 can run iOS 14.