1.1. What isPaceMaker plug-in
Winamp Alternatives. Winamp is described as 'Full-featured media player known for its ease of use, skinnable design and advanced audio visualizers' and is one of the leading apps in the Audio & Music category. There are more than 100 alternatives to Winamp for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Android, Linux, Mac and Android Tablet. But mostly, we're software liberators. And we're very, very good at what we do. Lots of developers work with open source, but only a tiny fraction of those are good enough to get software that was designed for one platform to work on another one. A leaked version of Winamp 5.8 recently spread over the Internet. Consequently, we have decided to make this new version available to you, revised by us. We therefore recommend that you download this version rather than any other as we guarantee it is safe for you to use. Winamp 5.666. Improved: Added a Reset button to clear history in the Open/Add URL dialog. Latest Wine Version Tested: 6.0-rc1: Maintainers: About Maintainership. WACUP (which can be pronounced as wakeup or wac-up or however you prefer it in your native tongue) is designed to work only with the patched Winamp 5.666 release to provide bug fixes, updates of existing features and most importantly new features with the goal to eventually become it's own highly Winamp compatible media player. WACUP makes use of the benefits of Winamp being heavily based on.
PaceMaker is a plug-in for Winamp player that enablesindependent control of the sound tempo, pitch and playback rate:
Tempo control speeds up or slows down themusic tempo without affecting the music key (pitch)
Pitch control changes the music pitch (key)without affecting the tempo
Speed control changes the music playback rateas if a vinyl record or an audio tape were played at a too high or lowrate.
PaceMaker version 2 also features a Vocal Removalcapability to suppress original singing voice, which is useful forpracticing singing or karaoke.
Why would anyone wish to do thatthen? Well, someone may find it fun to play with music, for example tomake Elvis sing like chipmunks or Michael Jackson sound like a soulking, or just to add some tempo to electrify almost any song...
In addition, it's turned out thatthere are also 'useful' applications for PaceMaker:
- Slow down music tempo to easepracticing music
- Singes can change the music key tomatch their voice
- Dancers can change the music temposuitable for dancing
- Adjust music key instead ofretuning instrument for each song
- Listen to 78 RPM vinyl singleswith a usual 33/45 RPM disc player
- Transcribe tunes
- Write down dictations
A PC with a 150 Mhz processor or better.
Windows operating system or compatible (Windows 98,NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows7, Linux+Wine)
Winamp player installed to the PC. The latestversion of Winamp player can be downloaded for free at www.winamp.com.
Please notice that this version of PaceMaker plug-in doesn't work with Winamp version 3.0. There's however anotherversion of PaceMaker for Winamp3 available at the PaceMaker3page.
1.3. Is therePaceMaker or Similar software available for other platforms?
Currently the PaceMaker plug-in isavailable for the Winamp player for PC/Windows domain only (PaceMakerfor XAudio player also does exist, but it's not in public distributiondue to license issues). However, if someone wishes to convert PaceMakerfor some other player, the source codes are available from the author:).
There are also othershareware/freeware/open source software with similar capabilities forother operating systems:
- Ardour - Digital AudioWorkstation for Linux (using SoundTouchlibrary).
- SoundTouch - anopen-source sound processing library. Includes a command-line tool forprocessing audio files in .wav format. Can be compiled to practicallyany platform with gcc or similar compiler tools available (Linux, Unix,MAC, etc).
Where are all Mac software, hilfe! Ifyou've a hint of other applicable software you'd like to see on thislist, please drop an e-mail to author.
1.4. Can IRedistribute PaceMaker or link it to my own page?
Yes, PaceMaker can be distributed onown WWW pages, as a part of a program collection or a publication asfar as no changes are made to the PaceMaker software or installationpackage, and no other payment is demanded for PaceMaker plug-in exceptfor reasonable delivery costs.
If you wish to add a link toPaceMaker site, please use this address: http://www.surina.net/pacemaker.Thisaddresswill direct the user to correct location should the actualWWW server change some day.
If you find PaceMaker useful and fun,please support the development work by registering your copy ofPaceMaker against a small registration fee. Using PaceMaker for anycommercial or professional use will require registering.
Please go to PaceMakerregistrationpage formore information!
1.5.1. Do I need to register my copyof PaceMaker plug-in?
As long as you'reusing PaceMaker fornoncommercial/nonprofessional use, registering the plug-in isvoluntary. Using PaceMaker for any commercial or professional usewill require registering.
Registering yourcopy of PaceMaker alsoenables some additional features for your use, such as configurablesliders, wideradjustment rangesand system-level hotkeys.
Despite theregistration being voluntaryfor normal users, creating and maintaining the PaceMaker plug-inhave however required a considerable effort, so if you'reenjoying using PaceMaker, you may wish to support the developmentwork by registering your copy of PaceMaker against a smallregistration fee.
Good reasons toregister your copy ofPaceMaker plug-in are:
To enable registered users only additional features
If you findPaceMaker useful or fun
If you're usingPaceMaker on constant basis
If you're usingPaceMaker for any commercial or professional use.
If you wish tosupport the PaceMaker development !
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.7:
- Option to enlarge the PaceMaker control window size for easier visibility & control on high-resolution displays (see configuration settings for more information)
- Sound quality improvements
- Installer now support plug-in installation for MediaMonkey player (notice that memorizing tempo/pitch/speed parameters separately for each song don't work with MediaMonkey).
- Bugfix: 'memorize settings for each song' database can now treat properly also songs whose names are longer than 255 characters
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.6:
- Sound Quality improvements
- Added Alt+Key shortcuts for quick selection of Voice Cancel mode on PaceMaker window (Basic / Advanced algorithm, play only Left/Right Channel)
- Extended external message control API to allow controlling Remove Vocals feature from external programs
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.5.2:
- Load previously used Tempo, Pitch, Speed settings with full decimal precision upon starting the plug-in. Earlier version rounded the loaded setting to whole numbers
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.5.1:
- Fixed skips in sound under heavy system load
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.5:
- Fixed alt+key shortcut keys
- Simplified registration information entry
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.4:
- Improvements in sound quality
- Fix for AAC audio decoder
- Plug-in Uninstaller tool
- Additions to external control API
Changes in PaceMaker v2.3
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Easier to use installation tool
- Windows 7 compatible installation
- Support for Windows 7 and 64bit Windows
- Adjusted processing parameters to improved soundquality
Changes in PaceMaker v2.2:
- Added 'Play Right Channel only' and 'Play LeftChannel only' vocal removal modes to support dual-channel karaokerecords.
- Windows Vista bug fix: Moved PaceMaker settings fileand Song setting database file 'pacemaker_songparams.txt' into userapplication directory to resolve write access problem in Vista(existing song parameter database is migrated automatically when thenew version is started for the first time).
- More generic sound file support, tested with .wav,.wma, .mp3, .flac, .ogg and CD audio
- Fixed a bug that halted program at startup if thesong parameter file were corrupted.
- Fixed a crash with MediaMonkey player. PaceMakerworks with MediaMonkey player, except storing tempo/pitch/speedsettings for each song separately doesn't work due to interfacelimitations.
Changes in PaceMaker v2.1:
- Miscellaneous fixes in processing routines
- Added a Windows control message for switching vocalremoving capability on/off
- Removed expiration notification that activated on1.1.2005. This expiration check was accidentally forgotten to version2.02 from an earlier beta version. Apologies!
Changes in PaceMaker v2.02:
- Fixed a small but annoying bug that distorted sound
- Fixed a bug that distorted sound when playing fileswith different sample rates
Changes in PaceMaker v2.0:
- New user interface with skin
- Configurable slider ranges
- Configurable system-level hotkeys
- Voice Removal
- Fixed problems with some soundformats
Changes since PaceMaker v1.31 :
- Show the registered name correctlyin the configuration window when the plug-in has been registered.
- Configuration window title changedas it occasionally caused conflicts when controlling PaceMaker fromexternal applications.
Changes since PaceMaker v1.3 :
- Fixed a bug that slider precisionsettings weren't saved when closing PaceMaker
Changes since PaceMaker v1.23 :
- Memorizing settings for each song
- Reset settings for new songs
- Configurable adjustment precision
- Ability to control PaceMaker fromexternal applications by using Windows Messages.
Changes since PaceMaker v1.2 :
- Fixed a MMX detection routineissue causing PaceMaker to crash with some Cyrix processors.
- Some tweaks and bug fixes underthe hood.
- Extended the dll API for usingPaceMaker in other programs (visit the dev section for moredetails [note : link to the internet]).
Changes since v1.2beta :
- Decent support for other samplefrequencies than 44.1 kHz
- Fix to Winamp v2.666 and v2.7incompatibility issues
- Option to disable sound tweakingon the PaceMaker window
- Spin buttons for alternativecontrol of the sliders, 'Reset' and 'Help!' buttons.
Changes since v1.1 :
- Support for 'mono' songs.
- Option to use semi-tones insteadof octaves to change pitch.
- Support for 'CD Reader' inputplug-in (enables using PaceMaker directly with music CD's!).
- Sound quality improvements
- A little bit of this and that.
1.7. Contact information
Check for new PaceMaker releases atthe product home page http://www.surina.net/pacemaker.
If you've found a bug, please see thebelow section, reporting bugs, for whatinformation to include with the bug report.
Send comments and bug reports to theauthor at <[email protected]>.Ifyou've registeredyour copy of the plug-in, please include yourregistration information.
PaceMaker has been tested withvarious PC's and different Windows versions, but it's not quiteimpossible that there still would be bugs.
If you notice PaceMaker crashingWinamp, please describe how the problem is reproduced and also includethe error message shown by Windows in your bug report.
Please also include information ofyour Windows version (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista), your Winamp versionand what kind of audio your playing (mp3, wma, wav, flac, CD audio etc).
The PaceMaker plug-in is provided 'asis' without external support or warranty for non-registered users. Thesoftware can be freely used and further distributed for non-commercialpurposes. Use for commercial purposes require registering the plug-inagainst small registration fee (see the section 'RegisteringPaceMaker'). Registering a single copy of PaceMaker will authorize touse the PaceMaker plug-in for commercial/professional use by one personin one computer at a time.
The PaceMaker software can bedistributed as a part of a program collection or a publication, as faras no changes are made to the PaceMaker software or installationpackage, and no other payment is demanded for PaceMaker plug-in exceptfor reasonable delivery costs.
Use of PaceMaker plug-in module orthe source code as a part of a commercial product without author'spermission are prohibited. Please contact author for further details.
Always wear protective clothing andapproved helmet when using the software. The software may contain smallparticles, so keep it out of reach of children under age of five. Theauthor don't assume any responsibility for mental or social problemsthe software may cause.
View / Submit Screenshot
Version 5.666 of Winamp
Last version of Nullsoft Winamp :(
Last changelog from Winamp fourms:
* Improved: Added a Reset button to clear history in the Open/Add URL dialog
* Improved: Added an option to disable the mouse wheel from altering the volume
* Improved: Added more commandline switches (run: winamp.exe /? to see full list)
* Improved: All menus now use the skinned style when option is enabled in ML settings
* Improved: Disable all online features when no internet connection selected in Prefs
* Improved: High DPI & text scaling compatibility fixes for dialogs & library views
* Improved: Increased notification area tooltips up to 128 chars (instead of 64)
* Improved: Library views now optionally group the 'Play' and 'Enqueue' buttons
* Improved: Mass metadata editor from library now also available in Playlist Editor
* Improved: Retry UAC prompt if user previously selected 'No' (for relevant settings)
* Improved: Speed-up of Winamp shutdown process
* Improved: [gen_ff] Added a setting to control show/hide time for docked toolbars
* Improved: [gen_ml] Drag & drop handling tweaks
* Improved: [ml_downloads] Added 'Size' column
* Improved: [ml_history] New options for resuming playback (for podcasts or all files)
* Improved: [ml_history] Added a 'Play Offset' column with right-click option to clear
* Improved: [ml_local] Added Podcast, BPM & Rating fields to Ctrl+E metadata editor
* Improved: [ml_local/history/pmp] Added F8 to refresh current search
* Improved: [ml_nowplaying/wire] Added support to use alternative services
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Option to use source file instead of database-managed copy
* Improved: [ml_pmp] Added a simple view to match Local library support
* Improved: [pmp_android/usb] Added
* Fixed: Agent not using Winamp window if a clone is already running (eg. KMPlayer)
* Fixed: Fallback issue with lang packs when loading accelerator tables
* Fixed: Length not being read when set to read titles on load
* Fixed: Ratings-related freeze on right-clicking large selections in playlist editor
* Fixed: Saving to wrong extension for the 'Save As' action in the Alt+3 Artwork tab
* Fixed: Unicode characters not displaying in taskbar when some old plugins are present
* Fixed: Various issues with aero-peek and docking of freeform skins as an appbar
* Fixed: [gen_ff] Docking to bottom/right when windowframe scale is anything but 1.0
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] 'Jump to File' window not always visible when pressing 'J' or 'F3'
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] Broken 'Add to Library' shell menu item
* Fixed: [gen_tray] Lockup/double-start issues when using the 'Prev' action
* Fixed: [in_flac] Removal of embedded artwork
* Fixed: [in_midi] Memory comparison crash with badly formed .kar files
* Fixed: [libmp4v2] Crash due to invalid pointer check on corrupt files
* Fixed: [ml_local] Search filters with unicode characters not being remembered
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Remove invalid characters from playlist name on export
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Crash on bad path
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Use filename if no metadata available to generate filepath
* Misc: [installer] Added a 'Winamp (Safe Mode)' option to start menu icons
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations (lots of them!)
* Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.02.16
Winamp Win 10
* Updated: [enc/in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.1
Winamp Window 10
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.32
* Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.0.25
The Pro & Full installers are the same for this release (No OpenCandy/Emusic/AOLSearch/Toolbar).
This is the best release of Winamp ever, imo, but let's just hope & pray that it's not the last...
However, this will be the last AOL/Nullsoft release of Winamp :-(
See the download page for more info.
A big thank you to all our users, former team members, beta testers, moderators, translators, skinners,
plugin developers, preset & color theme designers, community members, everyone... for everything...
Some mp3 files might cause Winamp to crash.
If you experience this issue, then please use in_mp3.dll from build 3512 instead (Info Download).
Winamp Wine Glasses
Weird black pixels on corners of Bento & Modern skin notifier. Fixed png files available here.